The DNR reminds hunters that the Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile app is loaded with everything you need in the field.
From property boundaries to shooting hours and deer carcass disposal locations, users can find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations or listen to podcasts all with Hunt Wild Wisconsin.
“The Hunt Wild Wisconsin app has proven itself to be a valuable resource for hunters since we launched in 2018. We’re constantly tweaking the app to keep it up-to-date for customers with more of the features they want to see,” says Eric Lobner, DNR wildlife management program director. “Back this year is the in-app CWD sampling and deer carcass disposal location lookup as well as mapping improvements. The 2021 combined hunting regulations are loaded in and ready to go to kick off the fall seasons.”
Check out the following app features that will help improve your time in the field:
- tailored mapping with hunting zones and prime habitat layers based on the species;
- find deer carcass disposal locations inside the app;
- access your maps with or without a cell signal;
- tailor the map to your hunt by saving favorite locations;
- save your trails;
- shooting hours are automatically determined by your location;
- easy-to-read summary of regulations;
- access your Go Wild account to purchase new hunting licenses, harvest authorizations and permits;
- and use GameReg in the field to register your harvest.