The Wisconsin Pork Association is offering a “Pork Community Outreach” program designed to
assist individual pork producers and county pork producer organizations in becoming more involved and positively visible in their local communities.
The WPA is offering matching funds for expenses on selected community relations activities. Up to $250 is available for individuals and $500 for groups/organizations per event. The purpose of this program is to multiply the positive effects of pork producer involvement in the communities where pigs are raised.
Examples of programs eligible for cost-sharing dollars include, but are not limited to:
• Sponsoring pork as the main dish for a community meal or charity event.
• Conducting classroom visits educating youth about the nutritional value of pork and/or modern pork production – educational materials available from WPA.
• Hosting an on-farm tour for community members, groups, or influencer audiences.
• Promoting pork and pig farming in digital, print, and radio advertising (pork logo and approved messages must be used when possible).
• Educational programs that connect consumers with farmers, provide information about modern pork production, and/or benefits of including pork in a healthy diet.
• Submit the cost share request form to the WPA at least two weeks prior to your event.
• Preference given to individual producers, farms, and county pork organizations.
• A significant portion of the audience must be outside your family, employees, or organization membership.
• The sponsorship dollars must be used and visible in the local community.
• Funds will only be allocated for program expenses directly related to the promotion of pork and/or the pork industry.
• Funds may not be used for political fundraising events.
• The WPA Promotion & Events Committee has final decision in approving funds.
• Placement of the Pork Mark is encouraged on promotion materials. You must submit a copy for approval prior to placement.
To apply visit www.wppa.org/community-outreach-program/.
Questions? Call 608-723-7551 or email email@example.com.