The Wisconsin Farm Bureau is seeking a director of media relations and outreach.
This position oversees WFBF’s media relations efforts, social media strategy and advertising. This director of media relations and outreach will provide editorial content for Rural Route and other publications; develop and maintain partnerships with external partners; and manage special projects as assigned.
This is a full-time position.
1. Coordinate and oversee all WFBF’s media relations. This includes writing news releases, columns and policy briefings, conducting media interviews and handling media inquiries to promote WFBF positions, policies, activities and strategies.
2. Plan, coordinate and oversee WFBF’s social media strategy and content.
3. Provide content, coordinate and maintain the organization’s website and blog.
4. Provide editorial content as assigned for the Rural Route magazine.
5. Coordinate all advertising to promote WFBF.
6. Provide media and social media training for members as requested.
7. Develop and maintain partnerships with external organizations and manage other special projects as assigned.
8. Assume other duties as requested by the Executive Director of Public Relations.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, English, marketing or a related field.
Proficiency using Microsoft Word, InDesign, Excel, Access, Premiere Pro, PowerPoint and/or Prezi.
Ability to proactively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse communication demands.
Position requires independent work and creative skills.
Fluent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to grammar and written presentation.
Must possess a basic understanding and appreciation of Wisconsin’s agriculture industry.
Available for occasional overnight travel.
Valid driver’s license.
Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation is the state’s largest general farm organization representing farms of all sizes, commodities and management styles.