The Wisconsin Custom Operators, Inc. (WCO) recently created a grant program to provide smaller, more flexible awards to assist with important projects or programs that will benefit custom farming and the ag community as a whole.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Awards range from $500-$5,000. Funding is available as soon as application is approved by the WCO Scholarship and Awards Committee. Funds are distributed as follows: 50 percent upon application approval and 50 percent upon receipt of final report.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Directly benefit the custom farming community
- Involve custom farmers or clients of custom farmers
- Involve post-secondary student research or organization opportunities
- Emphasize farm safety and health, leadership, teamwork, sustainability, innovation or community involvement
Who can apply:
- University/technical college faculty, staff, students, student organizations
- Non-profit organization, with an IRS status of 501(c)(3) or (c)(5)
- Others as deemed appropriate by the WCO Scholarship and Awards Committee
Examples of programs we will consider funding:
- Funding for student researchers or other staff as part of a larger project
- Costs associated with hosting an event, research symposium, farmer meeting etc.
- Speaker travel, per diem, honorarium, continuing education or other expenses
- Incentive funds for farmers/custom farmers to try new practices
“There are groups out there doing great work, even in the middle of a pandemic! We created this program to provide small but flexible awards to help facilitate new events, community programs, incentive programs or innovative ideas,” said Bryce O’Leary, WCO president.
Applications for the WCO mini-grant program are accepted and approved on a rolling basis. 50 percent of funds are available immediately upon application approval. Applicants do not need to be members of WCO.
Visit https://wiscustomoperators.org/about/mini-grant.php for more information including eligibility, criteria and application.