Beginning Tuesday, November 30, three new episodes of PDPW’s The Dairy Signal™ will air. The Tuesday edition will highlight opportunities and challenges in new nutrient management systems. Wednesday will feature a discussion and update on national dairy policy and news, and the Thursday episode will look at cash flow projections for 2022.
Tuesday, Nov. 30
There is a paradigm shift underway in nutrient management in agriculture. Hear about new systems to capture more value from waste, and have a positive impact on land, water and air quality, including a worm-powered wastewater treatment system and carbon-credit programs. Episode presenters will be:
· Dr. Frank Mitloehner, PhD, Professor and Air Quality Extension Specialist at University of California-Davis
· Austin Allred, Owner, Royal Dairy, Royal City, Wash.
Wednesday, Dec. 1 Tune in for an update on what’s happening at the national level on key dairy industry issues and a look ahead at what could impact dairy producers in 2022. Episode presenter will be:
· Jim Mulhern, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Milk Producers Federation
Thursday, Dec. 2 As we wrap up 2021, our financial management experts will share important tips to finish 2021 strong. They’ll also provide an outlook for 2022 cash flows. Episode presenters will be:
· Dr. Kevin Bernhardt, PhD, Professor of Agribusiness at University of Wisconsin-Platteville School of Agriculture and Farm Management Specialist with UW-Extension and Center for Dairy Profitability
· Gary Sipiorski, Independent Business and Financial Consultant
Developed by fellow dairy farmers from the Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW) Board of Directors, The Dairy Signal™ is a weekly series of free educational episodes offering insights and resources for fellow dairy farmers and other food system professionals throughout the value chain. The episodes air live from 12:00-1:00 PM CT each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Live sessions offer attendees the opportunity to engage in open Q&A with the speakers; recorded sessions are available later in the day. All Dairy Signal episodes are accessible through www.pdpw.org.
For more information, contact PDPW at 800-947-7379 or by emailing [email protected]. Join the conversation digitally by following @dairyPDPW and using #TheDairySignal on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.